Licorice Root Extract
What is Licorice Root Extract?
Licorice root extract (also spelled Liquorice) is the root of the Glycyrrhiza glabra plant. Licorice root extract has a unique, sweet flavor similar to anise, star anise, and fennel and contains a sweet substance called, glycyrrhizin, which is 20-50 times sweeter than sucrose. Licorice is often made into candies that bear the same name.
Licorice Root Extract Benefits
Licorice root extract has a wide-variety of benefits as a dietary supplement. It is heart-healthy and supports the cardiovascular system.† It has natural anti-inflammatory properties and helps support the skin.† Licorice root extract may aid digestion and promote a healthy gut.† It supports healthy teeth, promotes healthy lung function, and helps respiratory function.† Licorice root extract also contributes to a healthy mood, aids sleep, and may assist in maintaining healthy weight when used in conjunction with a healthy diet and exercise.†
- Heart healthy†
- Supports cardiovascular health†
- Works to promote healthy skin†
- Aids digestion†
- Promotes a healthy gut†
- Natural anti-inflammatory properties
- Helps maintain healthy teeth†
- Aids sleep†
- Supports the lungs & respiratory function†
- May aid in maintaining healthy weight when taken in conjunction with a healthy diet & exercise†